Fellows Selection Criteria
Criteria for Fellowship
The Dakota Rising Fellowship is an opportunity available to second stage entrepreneurs:
- Who are committed to growing themselves professionally, their businesses, and the greater community.
- Whose business:
- Is located in rural South Dakota
- Has at least one employee (PT or FT) or contract labor
- Is beyond the start-up stage, viable, profit-earning, poised for the next level of growth
- Has potential for providing goods or services outside the local economy and/or is creating something that hasn’t previously existed.
- That evidence a plan for significant impact as defined by one or more of the following:
- Job creation (Number and/or Quality)
- Financial growth (Change in Balance Sheet or Profit and Loss)
- Effect on local, regional or statewide economy through outsourcing or other supply chain transactions
- Essential community product or service.