We partner with local community groups (Community Sites) which are led by a local Coordinator and driven by a local Resource Team. Together, we develop a system of support for entrepreneurial development by introducing tools and strategies for:
- Nurturing a pool of entrepreneurial and small business talent through business visitation, community outreach and youth activities.
- Networking resources through resource fairs, mentoring connections, and bringing together resource partners, business leaders and entrepreneurs statewide.
- Building community support through heightened public awareness of the value local entrepreneurs and business people add to the community by sharing entrepreneurs’ and community success stories, collaborating with other community organizations, and seeking resource and financial assistance for the Dakota Rising Entrepreneur Development System.
These Community Sites apply to be part of the Dakota Rising network and, when accepted, they are supported by Dakota Resources staff, the Dakota Rising network, and the national experts in entrepreneur development systems to develop successful rural entrepreneur development systems and business retention expansion strategies.
What is a Dakota Rising Community Site?
A Dakota Rising Community is a vital component of the program. It provides entrepreneurial development resources to a defined service area or target population. Communities nurture a pool of entrepreneurs and business owner talent, network resources and build community support. Communities are certified annually to be members of the Dakota Rising network. Dakota Rising Community Sites create a culture of confidence that cultivates business growth within the community by implementing the strategies and tools of the Entrepreneur Development System.
Why become a Dakota Rising Community Site?
- Wealth in the community
- Employment opportunities
- Community leadership and engagement
- Recognition and value of existing businesses to local economies
Southern Charles Mix County
Fall River and Custer Counties
Lori Holt of Quilter’s Corner
Chad Homan of Homan Welding
Cindy Kopecky of The Potting Shed
Kelly Melius of Common Sense Manufacturing
Melanie Hoke of The Burger Shack
Lisa Mueller of Mueller Therapeutic Massage
Cheryl Schaefers of Cheryl’s Catering
JB Breeding of JB’s Country Store
John Pfeifer of VoWac Publishing
Spearfish Zip Code 57783
Local Site Services: Dakota Rising Business Consulting, mentoring, business financing, entrepreneur breakfast roundtables, business seminars, BHSU Center for Entrepreneurship
Local/Regional Resources: Small Business Development Center, Lawrence County Loan Fund, West River Revolving Loan Fund, SBA
Site Champion: Bob Meyer
Resource Team Members: Melissa Barth, Bryan Walker, Bob Meyer, Chris Malo, Barbara Zwetzig, Helen Meriman, Dan Contonis
Peg Austin of Vanilla Bean Bakery
Josh Fritz and Jeff Drumm of Crow Peak Brewing Company
Bryan Lessly of Western Sky Media
Chris Malo of Black Hills Urethane
Jim Meyer of Quarq Technology, Inc.
Dee Sleep of Chicken Creek Communications
Les Voorhis of Royal Tine Images
Chris and Richard Brill of RABCO Products
Lorri Riley of DPM, Rylo, Inc.
Ron … Read More »