We partner with local community groups (Sites) led by a local Coordinator and driven by a local Resource Team. Together we develop a system of support for entrepreneurial development by introducing tools and strategies for:
- Nurturing a pool of entrepreneur and small business talent through business visitation, community outreach and youth activities.
- Networking resources through Resource Fairs, mentoring connections and bringing together resource partners, business leaders and entrepreneurs statewide.
- Building community support, through heightened public awareness of the value local entrepreneurs and business people add to the community by sharing entrepreneurs’ and community success stories, collaborating with other community organizations and seeking resource and financial assistance for the Dakota Rising Entrepreneur Development System.
Four Sites initiated the network in 2008. Two additional Sites joined in 2010. They have:
- Engaged more than 60 Local Resource Team Members
- Conducted 439 business visitations
- Produced 19 youth events engaging over 800 students
- Hosted 56 Networking Events with:
- 2,417 attendees
- 154 resources
- Leveraged more than $380,000 in financial support for entrepreneurial development
Fall River and Custer Counties
Lori Holt of Quilter’s Corner
Chad Homan of Homan Welding
Cindy Kopecky of The Potting Shed
Kelly Melius of Common Sense Manufacturing
Melanie Hoke of The Burger Shack
Lisa Mueller of Mueller Therapeutic Massage
Cheryl Schaefers of Cheryl’s Catering
Dewey and Ziebach Counties
Resource Team Members: Roxie Holloway, Eileen Briggs, Mark Shupick, Cora Mae Haskell, Stephanie Davidson, Kirk Beyer, Donita Fisher, Nicole Fiddler, Wynona Traversie, Jerry Farleee, Megan Bickel, Lyle Cook, Kristi Circle Eagle
Spearfish Zip Code 57783
Local Site Services: Dakota Rising Business Consulting, mentoring, business financing, entrepreneur breakfast roundtables, business seminars, BHSU Center for Entrepreneurship
Local/Regional Resources: Small Business Development Center, Lawrence County Loan Fund, West River Revolving Loan Fund, SBA
(605) 642-2626 email@example.com
Site Champion: Bob Meyer
Resource Team Members: Melissa Barth, Bryan Walker, Bob Meyer, Chris Malo, Barbara Zwetzig, Helen Meriman, Dan Contonis
Peg Austin of Vanilla Bean Bakery
Josh Fritz and Jeff Drumm of Crow Peak Brewing Company
Bryan Lessly of Western Sky Media
Chris Malo of Black Hills Urethane
Jim Meyer of Quarq Technology, Inc.
Dee Sleep of Chicken Creek Communications
Les Voorhis of Royal Tine Images
Chris and Richard Brill of RABCO Products
Lorri Riley of DPM, Rylo, Inc.
Ron … Read More »