Month three: Tripp kicks it out of the park!
The Tripp Action Group (TAG) formed after RuralX as a way to help bring the community together and enhance the quality of life in Tripp. Since then, the group—informally led by Bryan and Shawn Bietz–has been busy with a list of community events and projects that continues to grow. We are following the group over the next year with updates in the Rural Xchange. Here are the highlights since your last issue:
- A kickball tournament/fundraiser was held September 29 and raised over $1100 not including tee shirt sales.
- A home was nominated for a volunteer clean-up project and a group of ambitious volunteers (including several youth) came together on October 15 to do a little yard makeover. The results are awesome (see photos below)!
- There is a community can collection being done as an additional TAG fundraiser.
- Community members are coming together to try to find ways to save the town’s only grocery store.
- Plans are underway for a Christmas event that could include a tree lighting, cookie exchange, hot cider and cocoa, Santa Claus, caroling, Main street decorating and much more.
- Winter events such as ice skating and broomball, 3 on 3 basketball and movies in the theater are being planned to help support a stronger sense of community.
- The next TAG meeting is set for November 1 where committees are being formed to help with the holiday event and winter activities.
“The support and enthusiasm from community members has been incredible. This group has really provided a space for ideas and collaboration to make our community better,” says Bryan Bietz. “We have a really great start with the kickball tournament and cleanup project for a person in need in the community. We will continue to build on this momentum so we can make a positive difference in our town.”