Dakota Resources Honors 2019 Dakota Rising Fellows
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, Renner, SD–Twenty-one rural South Dakota entrepreneurs recently graduated from the Dakota Rising Fellowship program and were honored at the Empower Sessions Gala on October 19 in Spearfish. The Fellows engaged in a comprehensive two to three-year program designed by Dakota Resources to provide rural entrepreneurs with the tools, resources and connections needed to help them reach their greatest potential and to positively impact their communities.
Dakota Resources is a rural community and economic development organization that established the Dakota Rising program in 2009 and celebrated “Ten Years Rising” with the 2019 graduating class. Through Dakota Rising, over 70 entrepreneurs from every corner of South Dakota have learned how to become better business owners and community leaders in the past decade.
“Dakota Rising grew me as a person, and taught me how to grow my business in the right ways,” explains Rachel Woods, owner of Apparel WorX in Wagner. “One of my biggest take-aways was to work ON my business and not get caught up in all the details of working IN my business.”
The 2019 Dakota Rising Fellowship graduates are:
• Ruth Bouza –
Custom Touch, Wagner
• Rachel Woods – Apparel WorX, Wagner
• Curt Lout – Mammoth Handcrafted Signs, Hot Springs
• Jenni Tucker – Help-U-Rent, Spearfish
• Julie Fischbach -Mainstream Boutique, Aberdeen
• Jay Yohner – Pioneer Buildings, Inc, Martin
• Hillarey Holland Warner – HH Design, Britton
• Carrie Kuhl – UpFrame Creative, Brookings
• Renee Bauman – Hitch Studio, Brookings
• Andy & Jen Holst – EASW-Embroidery & Screen Works Inc. – Yankton
• Kirsten Gjesdal – The Carrot Seed Kitchen Co., Brookings
• Jamey & Amber Nehring – Renatus Woodworks, Sturgis
• James Ellenwood – Rapid Hot Rods, Rapid City
• Tyra Gefroh – Tyra Gefroh Photography, Britton
• Erin Beyke – Erin J Beyke Agency Inc., Canton
• Seth Koch & Brant Mathiason – Wooden Legs Brewing Company, Brookings, SD
• Matt Fridell & Tanya Olson – Tallgrass Landscape Architecture, Custer
In addition to celebrating the 2019 Dakota Rising graduates, the Dakota Resources Gala recognized rural leaders, innovative rural communities, economic development professionals and community mentors. The Gala capped off two days of Dakota Resources Empower Sessions, which brought rural shapers together from across the region to experience valuable learning workshops, guest speakers, social networking, entrepreneurial success stories and more.
To learn more about Dakota Resources, visit www.dakotaresources.org.